In this guide, we explain what is an Amazon wish list, how to make an Amazon wish list, and how to find someone’s Amazon wishlist on Amazon. This guide will also highlight how to buy from someone’s Amazon wish list, how to create an Amazon wish list, Amazon wishlist address privacy, how to find friends on Amazon, and how to delete an Amazon wish list.
You can create your Amazon wishlist by hovering over Accounts & Lists, choosing Create a List, giving your list a name, then clicking Create List.
Wondering how to make an Amazon wish list? Making your own Amazon wish list is incredibly easy. Plus, when you create an Amazon wish list, it makes it easier for your friends to know what to get you. You will also be able to keep track of what items you want and figure out how to get them.
- Difference between an Amazon wish list and an Amazon registry
- The Amazon Wishlist: Everything you need to know
- What is an Amazon wish list? And How does Amazon wish list work?
- How to make an Amazon wish list
- How can I create a Wishlist in Amazon App?
- How to make adjustments to an Amazon wish list?
- How can I manage my Amazon Wishlist?
- How to share an Amazon wish list (Sharing Amazon wish list)
- How to delete an Amazon wish list?
- Amazon Wish list Faq
- Final Thoughts
Difference between an Amazon wish list and an Amazon registry
Before we get to the nitty-gritty, it is important at this point to provide a distinction between Amazon wish lists and Amazon registries.
The two are quite similar in how they work. They both allow you to give other people the option of buying you the exact items on Amazon that you want. They can also both be shared or made private.
However, Amazon registries are usually created for special events such as birthdays or weddings. Registries can have multiple owners who can edit them, and as the Amazon wish list registry creator, you can choose to allow other people to modify your registry.
Wish lists, on the other hand, do not have any special events around them. They also have a single contributor and cannot be edited by other people.
The Amazon Wishlist: Everything you need to know
The next sections are going to cover everything you need to know about Amazon Wish Lists. We’ll elaborate on what is an Amazon wish list, how an Amazon wish list works, how to create an Amazon wish list, and how to find someone’s Amazon wishlist.
What is an Amazon wish list? And How does Amazon wish list work?
Amazon wish lists are like shopping lists. On an Amazon wish list, you can add items that you’d like to own and eliminate them as you purchase them. Wish lists are important when it comes to buying gifts for friends and family for their birthdays, baby showers, weddings, and anniversaries. This is because, with them, you are sure you’ll be getting something that they actually want and appreciate.
How to make an Amazon wish list
Here’s how to create an Amazon wish list:
- Hover over Accounts & Lists.
- Select Create a List from the dropdown.
- Give your list a name and click on create list.
- Click on the three dots on the right and go to manage list. Here, you can set preferences and other details for your wish list such as the shipping address and your list privacy. If you scroll to the bottom, you also have the option of deleting the list.
- Select Save changes. Your list is now ready to go!
- If it is the only list you have, it will automatically become your Default List.
- You can create as many Amazon wishlists as you want depending on your needs.
- The next step is to add items to the list by selecting Add Idea to List.
- You can also add items to your list by tapping on the Add to List option on the item’s product details page.
How can I create a Wishlist in Amazon App?
This is how to create a wishlist in the Amazon App:
- First download and install the Amazon app. It’s available for both Android and iOS.
- Next, open the app to find the home page. You’ll see the 3 line icon. Click on Your Lists.
- Select View Lists
- Click on Create a List and create a name for your Amazon Wish list.
- Select Create List.
How to make adjustments to an Amazon wish list?
Few people know that once you make an Amazon wish list, you can tweak a lot of stuff in it besides your address. There are several other settings on your Amazon wish list that you can change to suit your preferences. To access these settings,
- Go to the list you wish to update.
- There are three dots to the right of the list, labeled More. Hovering or clicking on them will reveal a menu with two options: Manage List and Print List.
- Select Manage List.
Here are some of the settings available on the ‘manage list’ menu.
How can I manage my Amazon Wishlist?
How to manage your Amazon wish List privacy
This setting determines how easy or difficult your Amazon wish list find process will be. It decides the amount of access that other Amazon users have to your wish list. It has two settings- private or public. If your wish list is public, anyone can view it and it will come up in a search.
If it is private, nobody except you will see it and it will not come up in a search. You can, however, still share an Amazon wish list that is private by sending a link to your friends and family. Only then will they be able to access it.
How to manage an Amazon Wish List with Alexa
This setting makes it possible for you to use the Alexa virtual assistant to add items to your list. This setting is available on Alexa-enabled devices and it can be set in three ways.
- Alexa can add items to your Amazon wish list but cannot read the items on the list.
- Alexa can both add items to the list and read the contents of your wish list.
- You can disable this setting, denying Alexa access to your wish lists/
You should note that anyone who has access to any of your Alexa-enabled devices can add items to your Amazon wish list.
Amazon Wish List don’t spoil surprises
At the bottom of the page, you will be given three options. The one you choose decides whether you will know which items have been bought off of the list and how that will happen:
- The ‘keep purchased items on your list’ option means that even if an item has been bought, it remains on your list. It will be left there together with the day you last bought it.
- The ‘don’t spoil my surprise’ option keeps all purchases a secret. For a few weeks, you will not know what items from the wish list have been bought. However, if you try to buy an item that has already been bought, you will be warned against making a duplicate purchase.
How to share an Amazon wish list (Sharing Amazon wish list)
Once you make an Amazon wish list, the next step is probably sharing your Amazon wish list with people.
This Amazon wish list share process will make it easier for friends and family to find your list for when they want to get you anything on Amazon. Here’s how to share an Amazon wish list:
- Go to the Your Lists menu.
- If you have multiple wish lists, pick the one you want to share by clicking on it.
- Select Send list to others
At this point, you will be required to set the permissions that your list’s recipients have. You can share an Amazon wish list using two options:
- View only. The recipients will only be able to look at the list and buy items from it. They will not be allowed to make any changes to the list.
- View and edit. With this setting, everyone with a link to your wish list will be able to see the list, make purchases, and edit the list. This setting is appropriate if you are creating a wish list for a group or organization.
Once this is set, you can copy the Amazon wish list share link and share it on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest or send it via email.
How to delete an Amazon wish list?
If for any reason, you want to do away with your wish list, you can always delete it. This can be done from the ‘manage list’ link next to the list name:
- At the bottom of the list, you will find the delete list option.
- A prompt will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the list. Click on yes and this deletes the list.
You should note that once you do this, your wish list will be permanently deleted immediately.
Amazon Wish list Faq
1. What happens if an item is bought off my Amazon wish list?
Once an item has been bought, it is automatically removed from your Amazon wish list. This ensures that no two people buy the same item.
2. Can I know who bought me a certain item from my Amazon wish list?
Amazon does not disclose this information to you for the surprise effect. You get to know who got you what present when the package arrives at your doorstep and you read the message that it came with.
3. Do my Amazon wish list buyers have access to my address?
Amazon values the privacy and security of its users and it will not disclose this information to individuals who buy items off your wish list. When someone makes a purchase and wants it delivered to your residence, they will only see your name and the city where you live.
4. Can I add items from other websites to my Amazon wish list?
You can add items from other sites to your Amazon wish lists. This will make it easier for you to keep all your items in one place, unlike having a different wish list for each shopping site.
- To do this, you will have to install the Amazon Assistant extension to your browser. It works on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Add the extension to your browser’s toolbar for quick access.
- Once the extension is installed and ready, you can add any item from any site to your Amazon wish lists.
Now you know how to create an Amazon wish list and how to find an Amazon wish list. You also understand how easy it is to share an Amazon wish list, as well as how to purchase items from any wish list on Amazon. Got questions? We’d love to answer them! We’d also love to hear all about your Amazon wish list find experience so let us know in the comments below!