- Amazon.com is the world’s biggest online marketplace
- Amazon gift cards are cards that are preloaded with cash and sent out to a recipient (for example, as a gift via email or post). Once you receive one, you can redeem it for (almost) anything of equal value on Amazon.
- There are three different types of Amazon gift cards: the Amazon egift card, Amazon print-at-home gift cards, and Amazon mail gift cards.
- You can also purchase Amazon gift cards by occasion, making it possible to find the perfect gift card for any occasion you might be celebrating.
- This guide will cover what Amazon gift cards are, how Amazon gift cards work, how to give them as a gift, and how to redeem your Amazon gift card.
Ah, Amazon; the world’s biggest online marketplace and one of the most valuable brands of all time. The company was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994 as an online marketplace for books and in less than 3 decades it has grown to become one of the biggest companies in the world, focusing on everything from e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence, and cloud computing.
The official Amazon.com site is their e-commerce arm. It is packed with millions of different products, from home decor products to electronics to fashion and everything in between. You get hundreds of different categories with thousands of products in each one.
Among the many programs that Amazon.com has is the Amazon gift card program. Amazon gift cards are cards that are preloaded with cash and sent out to a recipient (for example, as a gift via email or post). Once you receive one, you can redeem it for (almost) anything of equal value on Amazon.
- So you want to know how to use Amazon gift cards?
- What are Amazon Gift Cards?
- How do Amazon Gift Cards Work?
- Different types of Amazon Gift Cards and how they work
- Why are Amazon Gift Cards so popular?
- How to buy Amazon gift cards online
- How to buy Amazon gift card in store
- How to send an Amazon gift card
- How to redeem an Amazon gift card
- Where is your Amazon gift cards claim code?
- How do I add cash to my Amazon Gift Card Balance?
- How to reload Your Balance (And how to auto-reload it)
- Amazon Corporate Gift Cards
- Amazon’s Gift Card Restrictions and Prohibited Activities
- Gift Card Redemption Issues
- Frequently Asked Questions
- In summary
- Final Thoughts
So you want to know how to use Amazon gift cards?
Understanding how Amazon gift cards work will allow you to use them more efficiently and effectively. Since this is going to be a pretty long guide, we’ll break the process of how to use Amazon gift cards down into a series of steps depending on what you’d like to do with them.
What are Amazon Gift Cards?
Amazon gift cards are prepaid cards that can be redeemed for purchases on Amazon. If you have been wondering how do Amazon gift cards work, it’s all pretty straightforward: just like other prepaid cards, the gift cards are preloaded with a specific amount of money before being gifted to a specific recipient. The recipient can then redeem the gift card on Amazon for their purchases.
Amazon gift cards are also called Amazon gift certificates, Amazon gift vouchers, or Amazon gift tokens. They do not expire. You can use them to make purchases of up to $10,000 a day.
That’s the gist of it, basically. This article will elaborate on all this and more.
Also Read: Amazon Wish list FAQ
How do Amazon Gift Cards Work?
Amazon gift cards work like any other prepaid card, except they are specific to Amazon.com. The gift cards are pre-loaded with cash and then gifted to a specific recipient. The recipient then redeems the gift card for anything on Amazon. Purchases of gift cards from Amazon.com are limited to $10,000 per customer per day.
There are three different types of Amazon gift cards, which you can order directly from Amazon here. These are Amazon Gift cards, Printable Amazon gift cards, and Amazon mail gift cards.
Let’s take a closer look at each of these options and how they work.
Different types of Amazon Gift Cards and how they work
In Summary: Amazon eGift cards can be sent and redeemed via email or text. Printable Amazon gift cards can be printed out and hand-delivered in person. Amazon mail gift cards are sent by post to a recipient’s address, where they can then redeem it after getting it in their mail.
As mentioned earlier, if you want to buy an Amazon gift card, you have three options to choose from. Here are the main types of Amazon gift cards and a brief explanation of how they work.
1. The Amazon eGift Card
Amazon egift cards are gift cards that you can send via email or text.
How Amazon egift cards work step by step
- Purchase and customize an Amazon eGift card here.
- Choose a recipient and set the amount you want the egift card to have. You have the option of selecting a preset amount to add to the card ($25, $50, $75, $100, $150) or enter your own custom amount. The maximum amount you can have on an Amazon eGift card is $2000.
- Enter the recipient’s email address or mobile number. You can also choose to send it to many recipients at once, which is a great option if you have a team. Alternatively, you can save a bit of cash by purchasing Amazon gift cards in bulk with the Amazon Incentives program.
- Add a message and the delivery date, which can be up to 1 year after the purchase date
- Your recipient will receive the gift card within 5 minutes of completing the purchase
- They can redeem it by entering the Amazon gift card claim code here.
How does Amazon egift card work when buying?
Well, the process of buying one as a gift is pretty straightforward. After customizing your design, choosing a recipient, and setting the amount you want the card to have, simply select the delivery date. Your recipient will receive it on the date you select.
How does Amazon egift card work for recipients?
If you have received an Amazon egift card as a gift, here’s how to redeem it:
- On your Amazon account, click the “Gift Cards” tab
- Select “Your Gift Card Balance”. This is also the Amazon gift card balance check page.
- Click “Redeem a Gift Card”
- Enter your Amazon gift card claim code
- Click “Apply to your balance”
The Amazon gift card balance will instantly be added to your Amazon account balance. After you redeem a gift card on Amazon, you can immediately use it for your next purchase.
2. Printable Amazon Gift Cards
You can print out Printable Amazon gift cards and give them as gifts in person.
How printable Amazon gift cards work step by step
- Purchase and customize your printable Amazon gift card here
- Select the amount you want the gift card to have ($25, $50, $75, $100, $150) or enter your own custom amount. The maximum amount you can have on an Amazon print at home gift card is $2000.
- Add the optional special message
- When you complete the purchase, you will get a printable PDF file in your orders page and your email
- Print it out and gift it to someone
- They can redeem it by entering the Amazon gift card claim code here.
How to use printable Amazon gift cards
After buying a printable Amazon gift card, you’ll be able to print it out on any printer within 5 minutes of completing the purchase. You will receive a PDF file with all the important details of your gift card (amount, message, and Amazon gift card claim code). Print this PDF out and give it in person.
The process of redeeming a printable gift card is exactly the same as that of Amazon gift cards. Just enter your Amazon gift card claim code on Amazon’s Redeem a gift card page and click “Apply to your balance.” This will add it to your Amazon account balance and make it available for purchases.
After you redeem a gift card on Amazon, you can immediately use it for your next purchase.
How to print an Amazon.com Gift Card
As we have seen, you can make Printable Amazon gift cards at the comfort of your home. However, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open and print the PDF file.
To print the gift card PDF file:
- Find your gift card order in Your Orders, and select Order Details.
- Select Print gift card(s).
- Verify the payment card number you used for the original purchase.
3. Amazon Mail Gift Cards
Amazon mail gift cards come in lots of different designs and packages and even have custom options for various occasions.
How Amazon mail gift cards work step by step
- Go here to select the design you like
- Choose the amount you want the card to have
- If you want to add a custom message, you will have that option at check-out, not before
- Your gift card will be delivered to the shipping address you provide within 1 day.
- They can redeem it by entering the Amazon gift card claim code here.
4. Other Amazon gift card types
Anytime Greeting Cards
Amazon Anytime greeting cards are greeting cards that come with gift cards inside them. They work exactly like Amazon mail gift cards. You also purchase and use them in the same way. To get them, you have to buy an Amazon greeting card that comes with the gift card inside.
Here’s how Anytime greeting cards work step by step:
- Log on to your Amazon account
- Select ‘Reload your balance.’
- The Anytime greeting card has a serial number that you’ll use to load funds to it
- When you reload any amount, you automatically purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card if you do not already have one.
- You can load Anytime greeting cards with up to $2000
- You can also reload them once your Amazon gift card balance is depleted
How to Load an Anytime Gift Card
The card has a serial number that you will use to load funds to it. All you have to do is enter the serial number in your account and load your funds from there. To do this, log in to your Amazon account and select the ‘Reload your balance’ option. When you reload your balance, you automatically purchase an Amazon.cm Gift Card (if you don’t already have one) or top up the balance of the one you have with the selected amount.
You can also load the Anytime gift card using the Amazon app by scanning the QR code on the back of the instruction slip or greeting card.
Gift cards by occasion
You can also buy occasion-specific gift cards on Amazon. Some of the options available include:
- Father’s Day
- Get well
- Just because
- New baby
- Mother’s Day
- New home
- New Years
- Thank you
- Valentine’s Day
|AMAZON EGIFT CARD||PRINTABLE AMAZON GIFT CARD||MAIL GIFT CARD||ANYTIME GREETING CARD|
|TYPE||Digital gift card||Printable PDF card||Plastic/paper||Paper|
|Delivery||Within minutes||Within minutes||One day shipping||Two day shipping with prime|
|Best for||Convenience||Give in person||Various design options||Fun premium greeting card|
|Custom message on card||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|BUY ON AMAZON||BUY ON AMAZON||BUY ON AMAZON||BUY ON AMAZON|
Why are Amazon Gift Cards so popular?
Perhaps the most obvious reason for their popularity is with them, you get to buy literally anything on Amazon.com. Here are some other great features of Amazon gift cards that make them so popular:
- You get a lot of customization options, from custom messages to custom designs
- Hundreds of different designs to choose from, categorized by occasion so you always get what you’re looking for
- You have the option to set the delivery date for the gift card (up to a year from the purchasing date)
- Amazon gift cards never expire
- Amazon gift cards have no extra fees attached to them. Most options also come with free next day delivery
- You can use Amazon gift cards as your squirrel fund: set aside money for shopping later on
- You can also use them to buy your registry items or to buy the items in someone else’s wish list for them
How to buy Amazon gift cards online
The best way to buy Amazon gift cards online is from Amazon’s official website.
- Log on to your Amazon account
- Click the “Gift Cards” tab
- Select the option you want: egift, print at home, or mail
- Egift cards and printable Amazon gift cards will have customization options that you can explore
- Mail gift cards are already customized so just choose the design you like
- This page allows you to buy an Amazon gift card by occasion
- You can also shop the most popular gift card designs using Amazon’s movers and shakers in gift cards list
- Once you find what you like, complete your purchase as normal
Alternatively, you can also buy third-party gift cards from popular brands like Apple, Starbucks, DoorDash, Victoria’s secret, Uber, Best Buy, Netflix, Lyft, Lowe’s, Twitch, Domino’s, and more.
Can I change my Gift Card Order?
Once you’ve placed an order for your gift card, you cannot change the type of gift card you selected. However, you can cancel your Print-at-Home order and place a new one.
How to buy Amazon gift card in store
Hands down the best place where to get Amazon gift cards is directly from Amazon.com.
However, there are also several stores that sell Amazon gift cards. Some of the most popular stores where to buy an Amazon gift card are Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Dollar General, Kohl’s, 7-Eleven, Meijer, Nordstrom, Gap, Bed Bath & Beyond, Subway, Giant Eagle, Staples, and GameStop.
How to send an Amazon gift card
You can send an Amazon gift card by email, a printable Amazon gift card, or an Amazon gift card by mail.
- Egift cards can be sent by email or text. After customizing your Amazon eGift card, simply add your recipient’s email address or mobile number in the fields indicated here. You can also add multiple recipients and a custom message. Once done, select the delivery date and click Buy Now.
- Printable Amazon gift cards can easily be bought here and printed out. They are meant to be given in person, but you can also send them by mail in a nice envelope.
- Mail gift cards come with free shipping. Just select your receiver’s delivery address and Amazon will deliver it within 1 day.
Once your recipient receives it, they can then redeem it. You can redeem a gift card on Amazon whenever you want; there’s no expiry date.
Can I add a Custom Image or Video to Gift Cards
You can add a custom image or video to an email, text message, or Print at Home Amazon.com Gift Card.
To add a custom image or video to a gift card:
- Go to Amazon.com and select Gift Cards..
- Select the type of gift card you want; Email, Text Message, or a Print-at-Home gift card.
- Under Gift card design, select or upload the photo or video you want.
- Click Browse to select the media file you want to upload.
- When you are happy with the design, fill in the remaining gift card details
Uploading Custom Images to an Amazon.com Gift Card
According to Amazon’s terms and conditions, you should only upload your own images, and images that your recipients won’t find offensive. The images should follow community standards of good taste and common sense.
You should also not upload images to which you do not have intellectual property. There’s no limit on file size, but the time to upload varies based on connection speed and the size of the image file.
Can I resend a Digital Gift Card?
If your digital gift card does not reach the recipient, you can resend it. When sending a digital gift card to an email address, you should always ask the recipient to ensure that their email provider doesn’t filter the email into a spam or junk folder.
To resend a digital gift card:
- Go to Your Orders.
- Select Order Details under the Order ID to open the Order Summary page.
- Select Resend for the gift card you want to resend.
- Review the information regarding the gift card, and follow the on-screen instructions.
When you resend the gift card, Amazon generates a new gift card for your recipient and deactivates the original gift card. Each gift card can be resent up to 5 times.
If you don’t see a Resend link, the recipient has probably redeemed the gift card.
How to manage your Email and Text Message Gift Card Delivery Date
If the scheduled delivery date for email or text message gift cards is incorrect, you can cancel the gift card order or place a new one.
To review the delivery date:
- Go to Your Orders.
- Confirm that the delivery date is correct.
To cancel the scheduled delivery:
- Select Cancel Items beside the relevant order.
- Select Cancel checked items.
You should, however, note that gift card orders cannot be cancelled within two days of the scheduled delivery date.
How to redeem an Amazon gift card
Want to redeem a gift card on Amazon? When you redeem your Amazon gift card the funds are stored in your Amazon account and will automatically apply to your next eligible order. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Amazon account, click the “Gift Cards” tab
- Select “Your Gift Card Balance”
- Click “Redeem a Gift Card”
- Enter your Amazon gift card claim code
- Click “Apply to your balance”
Your gift card balance can now be applied to future purchases on Amazon. The best part about it is that it never expires!
You should note that if your order value exceeds your gift card balance, the remaining amount will be charged to your default payment method.
Also, keep in mind that your gift card balance cannot be transferred to someone else or be used to purchase other gift cards.
Where is your Amazon gift cards claim code?
Your Amazon gift card claim code is the 14 or 15 character-long number on the card that has both letters and numbers. For example, AS25-NJZ1JX-CZCP5 is a gift card claim code.
The location of your Amazon gift card claim code will vary depending on the type of card you have. egift cards are easiest because the claim code is immediately apparent. If you have a plastic Amazon gift card such as the ones from stores, you may have to peel off the film on the back of the card to reveal the gift card claim code.
Amazon gift card codes locations vary from card to card. Here is where to find your Amazon gift card claim code by gift card type:
- Amazon egift card: The Amazon gift card claim code will be specified in the email or text you receive when the egift card is sent to you.
- Printable Amazon gift card: The Amazon gift card claim code will be clearly visible on a plain section of the printable PDF.
3. Other Amazon gift cards: The Amazon gift card claim code will be located at the back of the card. You may need to gently scratch it to reveal the characters.
How do I add cash to my Amazon Gift Card Balance?
You can add cash to your Amazon gift card at participating stores by using an Amazon Cash barcode or your mobile number.
To add cash to your Amazon.com Gift Card balance:
- Visit a participating store.
- Access your barcode by going to Amazon Cash. The barcode refreshes automatically every three minutes for your security protection. You can also print the barcode if you do not have a smartphone.
- Show your barcode to the cashier, or provide them with the mobile number verified on your Amazon account.
- Pay the amount you want to add to your Amazon.com Gift Card balance.
You can also select the link displaying your registered smartphone number and send the URL of the barcode by SMS to your smartphone.
After logging into your account, you’ll have the option to print your Amazon Cash barcode, which is used in the store for scanning.
How to reload Your Balance (And how to auto-reload it)
You can reload the balance on your Amazon gift card by doing one of the following:
To reload your balance:
- Go to Reload Your Balance.
- Select the amount you want to add to your gift card.
- Choose your preferred payment method.
- Select Reload to increase your gift card balance.
To set up an Auto Reload:
- Go to Auto Reload Setting.
- Select a reload type.
- Enter the amount and select how often you want to reload your gift card balance.
- Select a payment method.
- Select Save Your Auto Reload Setting.
How to modify or turn off your Amazon.com Gift Card Balance Auto-Reload
The auto-reload option tops up your gift card when your Amazon.com gift card balance drops to a selected minimum amount, or based on a recurring schedule. These settings can be changed at any time.
To view, modify, or turn off an existing auto-reload setting:
- Go to Auto-Reload Setting.
- Change the auto-reload settings to what suits you.
- Save the settings.
- To turn off the auto-reload setting, select Turn OFF.
Amazon Corporate Gift Cards
You can buy Amazon gift cards in bulk from the website through your account. Amazon’s corporate gift card program allows companies to purchase gift cards in bulk for promotions, incentives, or other businesses approved by Amazon.
Corporate Gift Card Email Delivery Service
Corporate customers can use this email delivery service to send multiple gift cards at once. With this service, Amazon sends email gift cards on your behalf.
Using the Corporate Gift Card Email Delivery Service
Corporate customers with an Amazon gift card purchase agreement can use the email delivery service to send multiple gift cards at once.
To use the corporate email gift card delivery service:
- Go to the Corporate Gift Card Email Delivery Service
- Download template.
- Fill in the downloaded file with your recipient’s names, email addresses, the denominations of the gift cards you want to send, and any customized message you want to add.
- Upload the completed file
- Your order will then be processed and the authorized buyer notified.
In order to be eligible for the Corporate Gift Card Email Delivery Service, you must order a total of at least $5000 in Amazon gift cards and have 1000 or fewer email recipients per order. The gift cards should be at least $1 in value.
Incorrect Email Addresses
If any of the email addresses provided are incorrect, the gift card email may bounce back to Amazon. If Amazon receives a bounce-back message, they’ll contact you and may give you the opportunity to provide correct email addresses. They can also send you the Amazon gift card claim code to deliver directly to your intended recipient.
Customized Messages with Corporate Gift Cards
Customized messages included when sending Amazon Gift Cards through the email delivery service are required to meet the following guidelines:
The message should tell your recipient why they are getting an Amazon gift card. For instance, if your company rewards employees and customers with gift cards,let the recipient know that you appreciate their work and support.
The message should not contain profanity, obscenity, or offensive content.
Your message should contain minimal promotional messaging about your company. Instead, it should focus on what you’re delivering, a gift to a valued employee or customer, or an item purchased by a loyal customer.
Amazon has the right to decline to send messages that violate their terms.
Amazon’s Gift Card Restrictions and Prohibited Activities
Amazon has several restrictions related to the use of Amazon gift cards. If you violate these restrictions, Amazon may prevent you from redeeming and claiming gift cards. They may also take action on your account without a refund. You may not:
- Exchange or sell amazon gift cards for cash or for another prepaid payment instrument
- Use Amazon gift cards for cash payment for goods and services or as cash alternatives off of Amazon
- Buy Amazon gift cards online from an unauthorized third party
- Use Amazon gift cards to pay for orders with the intent of reselling or exporting the goods or services
- Use Amazon gift cards to purchase ineligible goods such as Amazon gift cards
- Transfer a gift card to another account once the claim code has been redeemed.
- Redeem a gift card to an account if you are not the intended recipient. g
- Use a gift card for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
Also Read: How to check McDonald’s gift card balance
Gift Card Redemption Issues
There are several issues regarding how to use Amazon gift cards. Here are some common gift card redemption issues and how to resolve them.
You’ve Already Applied the Gift Card to Your Account
When you try to use your Amazon gift card and you see an error message that the gift card has already been redeemed, then the claim code has probably been already applied to your account or to another account. To confirm this, you should check your Gift Card balance
Your Gift Card was Applied to the Wrong Account
Another common issue is your gift card being used for another account. When entering a gift card claim code, it is added to the account you used to log in. You should therefore ensure you are logged into the correct account since Amazon gift cards cannot be transferred to another account after the claim code has been redeemed.
The Claim Code is Unreadable
If your Amazon gift card claim code is unreadable, you need to contact them and provide them with the following information:
- The 16- or 30-digit serial number of the card.
- Order number (if known).
- Purchaser’s name and recipient’s name.
- Email address or physical address that the gift card was sent to.
Other Redemption issues
If you still have issues with your Amazon gift card, you should check the Amazon gift cards terms and conditions to see if your order meets the restrictions for paying with a gift card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find Amazon gift cards?
Wondering where to find Amazon gift cards? You can either buy them online or buy your Amazon gift cards in stores. These include grocery, drug, and convenience stores. Amazon gift cards are available here in denominations of $15, $25, $50, and $100. You may also find a variable denomination card at select stores which can be loaded with any amount between $25 and $500.
Some of the most popular stores where you can buy Amazon gift cards are Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Dollar General, Kohl’s, 7-Eleven, Meijer, Nordstrom, Gap, Bed Bath & Beyond, Subway, Giant Eagle, Staples, and GameStop.
For a full list of participating retail stores, go to Amazon.com Gift Cards at Participating Retail Stores.
Where can you use Amazon gift cards?
According to Amazon, you can only use Amazon gift cards to buy eligible goods and services provided by Amazon.com and its affiliates. This means you can only use your Amazon gift card to buy stuff on Amazon.com and its affiliates. For example, you can use your gift card balance to buy books on Amazon Kindle.
You cannot use Amazon gift cards to buy other Amazon gift cards, prepaid cards, subscription services (eg Kindle magazine subscriptions), or third-party gift cards on Amazon.
Can you cancel an Amazon gift card?
Amazon egift cards cannot be canceled. They are sent out within minutes and the receiver can choose to use them at any time, even immediately if they wish. The only way to “cancel” an Amazon egift card is to log in to your account and change the date to a later date, which means whoever you sent the gift card to won’t be able to use it right away. However, you can only do this if you had scheduled the gift card for a future date.
Other types of gift cards can be canceled if they have not yet been shipped out. For example, you can cancel a mail gift card within a few hours of placing the order if you change your mind.
Why can’t you cancel Amazon gift cards?
The reason behind this policy is mostly to prevent fraud. If you could cancel Amazon gift cards, it would be easy for scammers to sell gift cards and still cancel them for a refund, so they make money twice.
Besides, it’s just not nice to take back a gift you sent someone. Unless you really don’t like them, in which case maybe don’t send them a gift in the first place.
Because of this, the only way to get your money back after buying a gift card is to sell the card for its value or use it to settle a debt.
Can you withdraw Amazon gift card balance to your bank account?
No, you cannot. Not directly at least. Your only option here is to sell the gift card, although doing this opens you up to a whole host of problems that we won’t get into here. You can also opt to buy something on Amazon and send it back for a refund. Of course, this is rather low brow and also you may or may not get your refund. Also, if you do get your money back, Amazon will have deducted their fees from it, and it will be credited to your Amazon account, not your bank account. You can then withdraw it from there.
Can you unredeem an Amazon gift card?
Amazon gift cards cannot be refunded. This means you cannot unredeem them. Once an Amazon gift card has been used, Amazon will not refund it. However, if you used a gift card that you bought yourself, you can return the item you bought and Amazon will refund you. However, the amount of money you get back will be less shipping charges and restocking fees.
Can you buy Amazon gift cards in stores?
Absolutely! However, the designs and denominations will often vary from store to store. In the US, Amazon gift cards are sold by several different stores.
Unfortunately, in-store Amazon gift cards are only available in 9 countries: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Japan, and China. If you are outside any of these countries, you’ll have to buy your Amazon gift cards online.
Here is a full list of all the stores where you can buy Amazon gift cards in the US.
Do Amazon gift cards expire?
Amazon gift cards never expire. You can redeem a gift card on Amazon any time you wish; it doesn’t matter how long you’ve had it for. Note that your gift card balance cannot be transferred to someone else. It also can’t be used to buy other gift cards.
Because they do not expire, some people use Amazon gift cards to save their extra cash as their squirrel fund.
How to use Visa gift cards on Amazon?
Because you cannot directly use any other gift card on Amazon, the only way how to use Visa gift cards on Amazon is to trick the site into thinking you are adding another debit card or credit card. You can do this by following this simple step-by-step process.
Where to buy an Amazon gift card?
Hands down the best place to buy Amazon gift cards is on Amazon’s website. Of course, for one reason or another, you may want to get physical gift cards from stores. Amazon gift cards are available at several major stores. Examples of stores who sell Amazon gift cards are Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Dollar General, Kohl’s, 7-Eleven, Meijer, Nordstrom, Gap, Bed Bath & Beyond, Subway, Giant Eagle, Staples, and GameStop. If you want to find out if your favorite store is on this list, here is a detailed list of where to buy an Amazon gift card in stores.
Can you use your Amazon gift cards for Kindle purchases?
Yes, you can. Since Kindle is an Amazon product, you can complete all your Kindle purchases using your Amazon gift card.
To use your Amazon gift card for Kindle, log on to your account then click the “Gift Cards” link. Navigate to the gift card activity page by clicking “Your Gift Card Balance.” Next, click “Redeem a Gift Card” and enter the claim code, which you will find on your gift card. Click “Apply to your balance” to add the funds to your account.
Now when you buy a book on Kindle, it will automatically pull these finds first. All future purchases on Amazon and its affiliate sites will be paid this way unless you manually select a different payment method. It takes precedence over all other payment methods, including any credit or debit cards you may have on your account.
Additionally, you can also get Amazon gift cards on Kindle. You can also buy Amazon gift cards for Kindle in participating stores. For more information about Kindle Cards, go to Kindle Cards.
Can I use my Amazon gift card to shop online?
Yes, you can- if you are shopping online on Amazon.com. Amazon gift cards are only valid on Amazon and its affiliated websites. This means you cannot use them to shop on another site apart from Amazon.com.
Do Amazon gift cards work internationally?
While Amazon has a series of international websites, you cannot use an Amazon.com gift card to make a purchase on an international website, for example, on Amazon.uk, Amazon.com.au, or Amazon.ca. Every gift card has to be used on the website where it was purchased.
However, if you are planning to buy someone a gift card, you can purchase it directly from any Amazon international site so they’ll be able to use it. For example, an Amazon.com gift card can be purchased with a non-US credit card by a non-US citizen and gifted to a US citizen so they can use it.
Can you print Amazon gift cards?
You can print an Amazon gift card if you buy or receive a printable Amazon gift card. Printable Amazon gift cards are special types of Amazon gift cards that can be bought online and printed to be gifted in person.
Can I buy Amazon gift cards by type?
Absolutely! If you want to buy Amazon gift cards online, you can get Amazon egift cards, printable amazon gift cards, and Amazon mail gift cards directly from Amazon’s website. Alternatively, you can also choose to buy physical Amazon gift cards in stores. There are lots of stores where to buy physical Amazon gift cards that you can check out.
Can you use an Amazon gift card for anything?
You can use an Amazon gift card to buy almost anything on Amazon. However, you cannot use it to buy other Amazon gift cards, other stores’ gift cards on Amazon, prepaid cards, and subscription services like Kindle magazine subscriptions or blog subscriptions. Before you can use Amazon gift cards, you need to know their Amazon gift card codes.
Additionally, you can have your purchases delivered almost anywhere in the world!
- Amazon gift cards can only be used to make eligible purchases on Amazon and its affiliated sites.
- Gift cards are great gift items because they allow the receiver to choose their own gift and get something they actually like from Amazon.
- Amazon gift cards are customizable with messages and unique designs to make them great gift options for a large number of occasions, including birthdays, Christmas gifts, wedding presents, thank you gifts, housewarming presents, anniversary presents, graduation gifts, Mother’s Day, or Father’s Day presents, different holiday gifts.
- Amazon gift cards never expire. You can purchase them in any amount up to $2000
- Amazon.com also offers gift cards for popular brands like AMC, Starbucks, SUBWAY, Nordstrom, JCPenney, GAP, Buffalo Wild Wings, Kohl’s, Applebee’s, Forever 21, Regal Entertainment, Sephora, Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, GameStop, Chili’s, Red Robin, Sports Authority, Whole Foods, and more.
- Amazon gift cards only work on the website that you buy them. If you want to make a purchase in a different country, you need to use its respective Amazon account, eg Amazon.ca, Amazon.cn, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.in, Amazon.it, Amazon.jp, Amazon.uk, or Amazon.es.
- Need more help? Reach out to Amazon customer support!
So there you have it. With this guide, you should be able to figure out the ins and outs of Amazon gift cards. If you are ready to get started with Amazon gift cards, please do so here: