- Custom Amazon gift cards are a great way to make an already awesome gift even better!
- You can buy Amazon gift cards online or in physical stores near you.
- Amazon online egift cards are great if you are looking for convenience: you can have them sent directly to the receiver in just a few clicks.
- Buying Amazon gift cards in stores works well if you are looking to give a physical card as a gift
Amazon gift cards make wonderful gifts because gifting them to someone means they get to buy literally anything on Amazon.com with ease. In fact, Amazon gift cards are arguably easier to spend online than cash!
So how can you make these awesome gifts even better? Here’s a tip: custom Amazon gift cards! The best part about this is that Amazon goes out of its way to give you the ability to personalize and get creative with your Amazon gift cards, allowing you to customize them as you wish and make them even more special!
Everyone loves Amazon gift cards. They are so simple to use and take the headache out of having to come up with unique gift ideas every time you want to get someone something. And whoever you gift one to will be happy as well because then they can buy literally anything they want from the millions of products on Amazon. So it’s a win-win for everyone involved!
That said, if you are going to get someone a gift card as a gift, you probably want it to stand out somehow. Well, how do you customize Amazon gift cards?
Let’s break this down according to the different types of gift cards you can buy.
1. Amazon gift cards in stores
These are physical Amazon gift cards that you can buy in various stores. They have limited customization options and come with predetermined/already set values.
While the customization options with this type of gift card are limited, you can find some occasion-specific Amazon gift cards in stores, such as Birthday Amazon gift cards.
2. Amazon gift cards on Amazon.com
Here you’ll find three types of customizable gift cards:
- Amazon eGift cards
- Print at home gift cards
- Amazon mail gift cards
Amazon egift cards and Amazon print-at-home gift cards have the most customization options. You’ll be able to customize the gift card design by changing the image or adding a custom message. You’ll also be able to set your own custom amount if you don’t want to use the preset $25, $50, $75, $100, and $150 values.
Amazon mail gift cards, on the other hand, come in various unique packages and designs. While you cannot change these designs, you can add your own custom message to the gift card to make it more personal.
The process of customizing all these online Amazon gift cards is pretty straightforward.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Log on to your Amazon account. You can do this by going here.
- Select the “Gift Cards” option. You’ll be redirected to the Gift Cards page.
- Select the type of Gift Card you want. You have the option of choosing between eGift, Print at Home, or Mail gift cards
- Selecting eGift or Print at Home. Selecting eGift or Print at Home will take you to the customization page where you can change your gift card design/image, enter a custom amount, or add a special message
- Selecting Mail. Selecting Mail will give you all the various Mail gift card options you can buy. Select the one you like and enter the amount you wish to add to it. Add it to your cart then check “This is a gift.” You will then be able to add a gift message to it. Keep in mind that adding a message to the mail gift card will have the message printed on a separate physical packing slip, not on the actual gift card itself.
And that’s it! Your custom Amazon gift card has been created!
Once your Amazon gift card is fully customized, you can now gift it for someone else (or even yourself) to redeem it and use it. This step by step process on how to use Amazon gift cards will show you how to do this.
Frequently Asked Questions about Custom Amazon Gift Cards
Can I use the gift card myself?
Absolutely! You are not obliged to give an Amazon gift card as a gift. You can use it yourself if you like.
Do Amazon gift cards have a fee?
No, Amazon gift cards do not have any fees associated with them. The amount of money you buy them at is usually what they come preloaded with. This is also the same amount you can usually buy anything you want on Amazon with once you redeem the gift card by typing in your Amazon gift card claim code on Amazon.
How will I know that my gift card has been delivered?
For gift cards bought online, you can check the status of all your gift cards in Your Account > Orders.
A gift card that has been redeemed will be marked as “redeemed” and you will know that the gift card was delivered and successfully added to your recipient’s account.
Will the gift card amount be printed on the gift card?
Certain gift cards will have the amount printed on the card while others won’t. Be sure to check the design of the card carefully as you purchase your card if this is something that is important to you.
Do Amazon gift cards expire?
No, Amazon gift cards do not expire. Once you buy them or receive them as a gift, you can redeem them any time you want.
How do the Amazon gift cards work?
Amazon gift cards work like prepaid gift cards. Except they are specific to Amazon, which means you cannot use them for any purchases outside Amazon.com and its related products.
When you buy them (or when someone else buys one for you), they get preloaded with the amount you specify. So a $20 amazon gift card will have $20 that you can only spend on Amazon. There are three different types of Amazon gift cards: Amazon gift cards, printable Amazon gift cards, and Amazon mail gift cards.
If you have an Amazon gift card, you can redeem it for anything on Amazon.com by simply typing in your Amazon gift card claim code on Amazon.com here. This will credit your Amazon account with the amount on the Amazon gift card which you can then use for your next purchase.
Want to know more about how Amazon gift cards work? Or perhaps how to use Amazon’s international shipping to have your purchases delivered worldwide? We have written extensively on both these topics and more!
Also Read: Amazon Wish list FAQ