Amazon registries are great because they simply make life a lot easier for everyone. Buying an Amazon registry gift means you are getting something that someone actually wants and needs. That way, your gift means more to them.
Amazon registries are absolutely worth it. Want to get started with Amazon registry gifts? This article will outline everything you need to know. From how to make an Amazon registry to how to search for an Amazon baby registry and how to find an Amazon wedding registry, here is everything you need to know about Amazon registries.
What is an Amazon registry?
An Amazon registry is a gift list that is created by an individual, a couple, or a group of people. It is usually created for events where social norms would require that you bring a gift for example weddings and baby showers.
A gift registry is important because it ensures that the creator of a list receives items that they want. In addition, they prevent the chances of two guests buying the same items.
What types of registries are there?
You can create a registry for almost any occasion or event on Amazon. However, the two most common types of registries on Amazon are baby registries and wedding registries. Here is everything you need to know about these common registry wish lists you can find on Amazon:
This is an Amazon wish list that you can create to show some of the items you would like to receive for your baby shower. Some of the most common items that show up on an Amazon wish list registry are functional items like car seats, diaper bags, and strollers.
Some friends and family prefer to gift the child with something shiny and sentimental. Most opt for monogrammed baby gifts like necklaces and bangles. Others like to do this by giving the parents Etsy gift cards so that they can pick out the custom jewelry that they like for their little one.
How to search for Amazon baby registry
Wondering how to find an Amazon baby registry? Well, before you can search for an Amazon baby registry, the creator of the registry must have first set the baby registry to public. Private registries will not appear on search results.
If the baby registry is public, here is how to find it:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Click the “Registry” link at the top
- Select “Baby Registry” under Registry and Gifting
- You will be redirected to the search for Amazon baby registry page.
- Enter the registrant’s name and click search.
How do I create a baby registry?
If you have a baby on the way, you can easily create an Amazon wish list. Here are the steps you will need to take:
- Click on a button labeled ‘gift cards and registry’ at the bottom of the Amazon homepage.
- There will be an image with the label ‘baby registry’ on it. Tap on it.
- Click on ‘create a new baby registry’. You will be required to sign in or create an account if you had not yet done this.
- At this point, there are a couple of details you will be required to put in such as the expected due date and whether or not this is your first child.
You should also specify an address to send the gifts to.
Another requirement is the gift options. This will allow you to specify if you will accept Amazon Gift cards (custom gift cards are always a good idea!), if you will start a diaper fund, and whether or not a group can jointly contribute for an expensive item.
You can also take charge of who can see the registry by setting it to either private, shared, or public.
After this, your registry is all set.
How do I add items to my baby registry?
You can put your desired items on the wish list in three different ways:
From the ‘product detail’ page
- Choose the items you like from the baby store and other product categories.
- Click on the add to cart button and then choose ‘add to baby registry’.
From the registry checklist:
- Go to gifts and registry at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the baby registry and click on the registry checklist.
- Choose the category and subcategories of both.
- Select add to registry.
You can also add items from other websites to your Amazon registry:
- Get the Amazon assistant extension for your browser.
- Search on your favorite websites for things you will like.
- Select the Amazon Assistant.
- Click on ‘add to registry’.
How do I share my amazon registry?
Once your registry is all set, you can share it with your loved ones so that they can get right to getting you some gifts. Here is how:
- Go to the ‘baby registry’
- There is a menu on the left side. From there, click on ‘share your registry’. This will provide you with a link that you can send to everyone using various social media platforms.
How to buy items from a baby registry?
You can make a loved one’s Amazon wish list come true by buying them an Amazon registry gift. Remember, to be able to buy off of a wish list, you will need to have access to it. To find a baby registry on Amazon, it has to be set to either shared or public.
If the list is public, you can find it by putting in the registry name and doing a search. If it is shared, you will receive a link to it, thus gaining access.
Here’s what to do once you find the registry:
- Browse the list for an item you want to get. You can sort them by categories like price, purchased status, and must-haves.
- Once you find something in the registry, select ‘add to cart ‘.
- After your shopping, proceed to checkout.
- Choose an address for the shipping.
Creating a wedding registry ensures that you and your loved one embark on your new married life with items you would truly appreciate the courtesy of your friends and family. Some of your guests will see fit to gift you with some kitchenware or furniture for different rooms in your house.
Others would like to gift you an experience that you would enjoy by giving you gift cards to resorts, water sports, and other fun activities.
How to find Amazon wedding registry
Here is the step by step process of how to find an Amazon wedding registry:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Click the “Registry” link at the top
- Select “Wedding Registry” under Registry and Gifting
- You will be redirected to the Amazon Wedding Registries page
- Under “Find a registry”, enter the registrant’s name
- Click search
How to create a wedding registry?
You can put together your wedding wish list on amazon in very few easy steps:
- At the bottom of every page, there is the ‘gift cards and registry’ option. Click on it.
- Go to the wedding registry tab and click on ‘create your registry’.
- There are a couple of pages that will require you to put in some information such as your and your partner’s names, the dates, number of guests, and the shipping address.
Your registry is now ready to use!
How do I add items?
You can now fill your wish list with the things you would like to get. To do this, you can click on the add to cart button on the item and then add it to your wedding wish list.
Also, you can use the Amazon Assistant to add items from other websites or you could use Alexa to add items directly to the list. This means that Alexa will be able to read and edit your list.
How to share your Amazon wedding registry?
- To share your wedding wish list, click on the menu at the top right corner of the wedding registry page and click on share.
- This will direct you to a page with a personalized link for your wish list.
- You can copy this and share it with friends and family on various social media platforms.
How to buy items from a wedding registry?
If you have a wedding to attend soon, there are a few things to do to get the newlyweds that perfect Amazon registry gift. You will need to have access to their wish list. You can sort this list in order of their priority, cost, or purchased status.
- Select the item you would like to buy.
- Add it to your cart. You can also choose to see more information on the product. If you are unsure, use the back button to return to the registry and choose another item.
- Proceed to checkout.
If you have an Amazon gift card, you can also buy wedding registry items with gift cards.
What are the benefits of having an Amazon Registry?
Using a registry for your big days has its perks. Here are some of the things you stand to gain if you use a registry:
It is not a guarantee that your guests will buy all the items you put on your registry. After your baby shower, birth, or wedding, Amazon will send you a discount code that you can use to buy the remaining items on your wish list.
For Prime members, this discount is up to 20% and 10% for non-prime members.
Thank you notes
Amazon also keeps a list of who got what. This makes it easier for you to send out thank you notes.
If you create your registries on Amazon, you stand the chance of getting some extra items. For example, if you complete three steps on the baby registry, you get a welcome box with essential items for your child like a onesie, baby wipes., a baby bottle, diapers, and a lot more.
If you have a wedding registry, you will receive bonus gifts if people buy items from selected brands.
On your registry, there will be items that you need more than others. You can communicate this to the people who view your registry by marking the items on there from highest to lowest priority.
With the Amazon Assistant extension, you can put all the items you want on one registry. However, if people want to buy from a third-party website, they will have to put in your address.
Frequently asked questions
Will everybody see my registry on Amazon?
Your registry’s visibility and those that have access to it will depend on the privacy options you have set. If it is public, anyone will be able to search for your Amazon wish list.
Can I make registries for other events?
Registries are not tied down to weddings and baby showers. You can create custom gift lists for any occasion you see fit. For example, you can create quarantine gift baskets to send to your loved ones to show you miss them and love them.
Will I have to pay for shipping?
This will depend on the membership status of the buyer of the gift. If they are a prime member, the gift will arrive as per the standard two days and free shipping. If they are non-prime, the gift will get free shipping if it cost over $25.
Can I return the gifts?
Amazon has a kind return policy on registry items. You have 180 days for wedding gifts and a 365-day window for baby gifts. If you bought the items yourself, however, you will get a 30-day return period.
You should know that physical amazon stores do not take returns. You will have to repackage the items, print return labels, and ship them out yourself.
Once your return is processed you will receive an Amazon gift certificate for your refund. If the item was bought from a third-party store, you will have to check that store’s policy.
Also Read: Amazon Wish list FAQ